American Tank Cleaning is a team with over 20 years of experience helping our community stay clog-free. We’re here for you 24/7 with live consultation and reliable services when you need expert drain cleaning. We care about your septic tank, which can’t function properly if you have a blockage preventing your pipe from draining. Drain cleaning is the preventative maintenance your home needs to stop clogs before they become a complete blockage and cause sewage backup.
You should schedule a drain cleaning annually to ensure the reliability of your pipes. The best way to prevent clogs is by monitoring what you send into your sewage system.
Throw these items into the trash instead of down your drain:
- Coffee grounds
- Fat or oil
- Large food scraps
- Feminine hygiene products
- Dental floss
- “Flushable” wipes
- Fruit pits
- Bar soap
What Not to Flush Down Your Bathroom Drains
You should never send hair or bar soap down the drain in the bathroom. You can prevent this by using a hair catcher in your drain. Also, “flushable” wipes do not disintegrate fast enough for most plumbing systems and are a great way to cause clogs. Don’t send flushable wipes, dental floss, q-tips, cotton balls, cotton pads, one-time-use face masks, or feminine hygiene products down your pipes.
If a clog does exist in your plumbing, we also have sewer video inspection services that can be used to find exactly where and what the clog is allowing us to resolve the issue as quickly as possible.
Call (540) 226-3133 for additional details on our video inspection services to get your drains flowing smoothly again.
Why Choose Professional Drain Cleaning?
While there are DIY methods for unclogging drains, hiring a professional drain cleaning service offers several benefits:
- Effective and long-lasting results: Professional plumbers have the knowledge, experience, and specialized tools to effectively remove even the toughest clogs. They can ensure that your drains are completely cleared, preventing future clogs and backups.
- Prevention of costly plumbing emergencies: Regular drain cleaning can help prevent major plumbing emergencies, such as burst pipes or sewer backups. By keeping your drains clean and clear, you can avoid expensive repairs and potential water damage to your home.
- Improved plumbing system performance: Over time, debris and buildup can accumulate in your drains, causing slow drainage and reduced water flow. Professional drain cleaning can restore your plumbing system's efficiency, allowing water to flow freely and preventing issues like standing water and foul odors.
- Safe for your plumbing: DIY drain cleaning methods, such as using chemical drain cleaners, can be harsh on your pipes and potentially cause damage. Professional drain cleaning methods are safe for your plumbing system, ensuring that your pipes remain in good condition.
- Expert advice and recommendations: When you hire a professional drain cleaning service, you can benefit from the expertise of experienced plumbers. They can provide you with valuable advice on how to prevent future clogs and maintain your drains in the best condition.
Don't wait until a clogged drain becomes a major problem. Contact American Tank Cleaning today to schedule professional drain cleaning services and experience the benefits for yourself.
Septic PumpingAmerican Tank Cleaning is here for you with a team of professionals you can trust. Don’t let your septic system malfunction because it needs to be pumped. Our family is here to take care of you.Learn More
Septic InspectionWithout regular inspections, you may be taken off guard by significant repairs that put your septic system out of commission for weeks. Don’t ignore your system and be vulnerable to costly repairs.Learn More
Septic RepairWe want your septic system to last a long time. That’s why we provide a team with over 20 years of experience that’s available 24/7, reliable, and family oriented.Learn More
Drain CleaningDrain cleaning is the preventative maintenance your home needs to stop clogs before they become a complete blockage and cause sewage backup.Learn More
Hydro JettingHydro jetting is a long-lasting solution that many homes can benefit from. This service uses pressurized water to thoroughly clear your pipes of clog-inducing materials.Learn More
Grease Trap Pumping & CleaningNeglecting grease trap cleaning can cause severe issues with your business, like foul odors or sewage backup. Avoid costly repair solutions by completing grease trap maintenance frequently.Learn More
Line SnakingThe DIY drain snaking kits don’t offer these various augers, so you may be trying to remove a blockage with the incorrect tool that could damage your system. Unlike DIY solutions, American Tank Cleaning is insured and bonded if other issues arise.Learn More
The sooner you remove a building clog, the better your pipes will be.
Pay attention to these warning signs that you have a clog so you can reach out to our team for expert drain cleaning:
- Unpleasant odors: Foul smells are often a result of material that has gotten stuck and begun to rot. Avoid this by not sending large food scraps or fruit pits down your drain.
- Unusual sounds: Gurgling is one of the first signs that a clog is beginning to form. Gurgling is caused by the movement of trapped air around a blockage. You may also notice air bubbles coming up from the drain.
- Slow drains: This means a clog is partially formed, and it’s time to call the professionals if you haven’t already. Slow drains do not go away with time, so you need to reach out to our team immediately before it becomes a more significant issue like sewage backup.
Many homeowners may attempt to use DIY chemical cleaners to resolve these issues before trusting our professionals. However, many publicly available cleaners can increase the corrosion of your pipes.
25+ Years of Drain Cleaning Experience in Virginia
Always count on American Tank Cleaning because we’re number one with number two. When you need expert drain cleaning, trust the professionals with 25 years of experience. Still not sure? Let our customer testimonials speak for themselves. We’re family-owned and operated, so you know we’ll treat you like one of our own.
“Tech showed up on time and did a good job. I really appreciated the hose they used because I didn't have to take down a section of fence for them to pump it out.”- G.J.
“This is the second time I have used American Tank Service and I have been impressed both times by their responsiveness, professionalism, and efficient, quality service.”- Robert R.
“The service was excellent. The technician, T.L. was very courteous, thorough, and professional. He explained the operation, care, and important aspects of the system, including the drain field.”- Dave G.