We’re number one with number two when you need experienced professionals to take care of your plumbing system. As a family-owned and operated business, there is nothing more important to us than the safety and cleanliness of your home. Without regular septic pumping, sewage can back up into your home and spread bacteria. Properly maintain your septic system to reduce repairs and lengthen the lifespan of your pipes with our expert septic pumping in Stafford.
It is recommended that a septic tank should be pumped at least every 3 to 5 years in order to prevent backups, overflows, and other maintenance issues. Depending on the size of the tank and the number of people living in your home, you may need to have it pumped more often. Additionally, if you notice any signs that your septic system is starting to fail, such as slow drainage or strange odors coming from drains, it is best to call a professional for an inspection and potentially have the tank pumped at that time.
Your household septic tank may need to be pumped sooner than three to five years, depending on a few variables.
Consider these significant factors if you’re not sure when to pump your septic system:
- Home size
- Total wastewater generated
- Septic tank size
- Family size
How many bathrooms you have in your home and the size of your family are some of the most important considerations when deciding if your septic tank needs to be pumped. This determines the total wastewater your home generates, and if you have a smaller septic tank, it may need pumping more regularly.
Other indicators that your tank needs to be pumped include scum within six inches of the bottom of your septic tank outlet or the top of the wastewater being within a foot of the outlet. Having sewage water backup into your home causes significant damage and can spread dangerous bacterial illnesses. Don’t put your home and family at risk when we’re here for you with expert septic pumping Stafford & the surrounding areas.
We also offer filter cleaning services for the septic services that need it. This is an additional service alongside the standard septic pumping. Please give us a call (540) 226-3133 for additional details and any questions you may have.
Septic PumpingAmerican Tank Cleaning is here for you with a team of professionals you can trust. Don’t let your septic system malfunction because it needs to be pumped. Our family is here to take care of you.Learn More
Septic InspectionWithout regular inspections, you may be taken off guard by significant repairs that put your septic system out of commission for weeks. Don’t ignore your system and be vulnerable to costly repairs.Learn More
Septic RepairWe want your septic system to last a long time. That’s why we provide a team with over 20 years of experience that’s available 24/7, reliable, and family oriented.Learn More
Drain CleaningDrain cleaning is the preventative maintenance your home needs to stop clogs before they become a complete blockage and cause sewage backup.Learn More
Hydro JettingHydro jetting is a long-lasting solution that many homes can benefit from. This service uses pressurized water to thoroughly clear your pipes of clog-inducing materials.Learn More
Grease Trap Pumping & CleaningNeglecting grease trap cleaning can cause severe issues with your business, like foul odors or sewage backup. Avoid costly repair solutions by completing grease trap maintenance frequently.Learn More
Line SnakingThe DIY drain snaking kits don’t offer these various augers, so you may be trying to remove a blockage with the incorrect tool that could damage your system. Unlike DIY solutions, American Tank Cleaning is insured and bonded if other issues arise.Learn More
If you have a large home or a big family, you may need to pump your septic tank every three years. According to the EPA, a typical single-family house can use up to 70 gallons of water per person daily.
However, there are some techniques you can use to reduce the wastewater generated in your home; Including:
- High-efficiency fixtures: Your toilet is responsible for up to 30% of the total water used in your home. If this fixture is outdated, you could use twice as much water as newer, efficient units. Faucets and showerheads have similar available upgrades that reduce water usage, so your septic tank fills up slower.
- Washing machine settings: You should always select the correct load size when washing laundry. Keeping your unit on a large-load cycle spends water and energy that you could save. If your appliance doesn’t allow you to change the load size, always wash full loads of laundry.
- Properly dispose of waste: If you have a garbage disposal, you may need our expert septic pumping in Stafford more often. Never send oil, fat, dental floss, coffee grounds, paper towels, or harmful chemicals down your garbage disposal, as these items hurt your disposal and the septic system.
- Split up high-water usage activities: It may feel nice to spend an entire day cleaning your home, but this often produces significant amounts of wastewater that flood your septic tank. Multiple loads of laundry, a dishwasher, and cleaning fixtures send chemicals and other sewage down your drain by the gallon. You can prevent malfunctions and save water by completing these chores on different days instead of all at once.
American Tank Cleaning is here for you with a team of professionals you can trust. Don’t let your septic system malfunction because it needs to be pumped. Our family is here to take care of you.
“Next day service, called ahead, on time. Polite and friendly and professional.”- Maureen O.
“The technician was very professional. I used a different vendor several years ago and now will always call American Tank for all my septic system services.”- Catherine E.
“I had an emergency septic tank overflow, and American Tank Cleaning was able to get the job done the same day! TL was very descriptive on the job that was performed. Thank You, TL, and American Tank Cleaning for your help!”- Jonathan B.